Fellow Business Builder,
Yet again, a simple 4 hour project has returned major rewards in just a few weeks.
This simple strategy works in every possible industry and country imaginable.
It will boost your credibility.
You will experience an influx of high quality prospects, which are typically ready to buy at higher prices.
It adds an immediate cash flow stream.
It builds your database.
And it will most definitely make you one of the most credible in your niche.
What is it?
The simple printed book.
Before you go running off complaining about how you have no time to write a book, hear me out. The type of book I am talking about will take a small amount of your time, and is easy to put together.
My first experience in this world began 6 years ago. I met a gentleman names Steven E. at an event and first heard his idea of co-authoring a book with him. All I had to do was contribute a single chapter in the book telling my story.
This was the second time he had done this, and this one was going to be their first best seller.
It was an honour to have my name listed next to Dr. Wayne Dyer, Mark Victor Hanson, John Assaraf… even Lou Ferrigno of Incredible Hulk fame.
The book was compiled and printed in what seemed like record time. We did the Amazon campaign that got the Wake Up… Live The Life You Love book #1 in a number of categories and my new life as an author began.
My next experience began on a call
with the legendary Ted Nicholas.
I was fortunate to get the chance to work with him on a few projects and learned an incredible amount from a man that has sold billions using direct response marketing.
On one of our conference calls, someone asked Ted a question that caused him to hesitate. What he said next inspired me to create my own book. Ted mentioned one thing that he credited with his success, yet said that he didn’t like to talk about it much.
To me… this was GOLD.
Something so powerful it was responsible for his success, yet he didn’t want to talk about it? I knew there was something big here.
So I hatched a plan for my own book…
and Entrepreneurial Spirits was born.
Based on the conversation with Ted, I knew this was something other successful people had in common, and I was determined to bring it out into print.
So I developed a series of 5 questions and started asking people I already knew.
Ted Nicholas agreed to be in the book.
Joe Sugarman agreed.
John Assaraf agreed.
Joe Vitale agreed.
It took on a life of its own and, next thing I knew, 52 successful people from all over the world had agreed to contribute to the book.
Entrepreneurial Spirits was compiled quickly and put in print in the matter of a couple months… and I continue to reap the rewards from that simple idea.
3 months ago… it happened again.
I was asked to be in a book called Money Making Marketing For Canadian$. There was no hesitation at all… I knew how simple it was and how powerful it worked.
So I invested 4, maybe 5 hours on my chapter and sent it in.
The book came out not more than a month ago.
Surprise surprise… I just landed a very nice 5 figure consulting contract with someone who had never heard of me before reading my chapter in the book.
As he said… “you were in a book, so I just knew you must be the real deal”.
Once again, this tool has paid itself back to me many times over.
And here’s how it can do the same for you…
1) Pick your niche you want to be known in.
2) Decide if you want to have a book with complimentary authors, or competitors (both methods work… the one I was just in was all competitors in the book). Let’s say you are a plumber. You could create a book with all plumbers… or a book with a single plumber, a carpenter, a roofer, a painter, etc. This method is easier to do (and to convince the other authors to contribute).
3) Pick a sexy title for your book. Use the formulas given here on The Total Package for headline creation… and find one that could easily be used as a book title. Alternatively, go to Amazon and look at the best sellers in similar categories. Use the same formula the best sellers use in your own title.
4) Put together a pitch letter you can send to the contributing authors you want. You can have them contribute the chapter for free… or you can charge them a fee to be in the book.
5) Give them guidance on what questions to answer in their chapter, or what format you want to stick with (stories about how they got started, or about the best tips for their area of expertise, or the dumbest things people do when they hire a ______). Each author gets a set number of words they can contribute, along with a bio listing their contact information.
6) Make it really easy for them to write the chapter (show yours as an example). Give them guidance and ideas. And give them a solid deadline to have their chapter in by.
7) And get busy going after your dream authors. Once you have gotten the ok from the number of authors you want (10-20 is perfect, 53 in mine was too much… almost Chicken Soup like)
8) Make sure you keep in touch with them during the writing phase and make sure they are committed to the deadline.
9) Send it to a professional editor and cover designer.
10) Make sure YOUR name is the most prominent one on the cover and spine
11) I would suggest printing your first book in the standard 6” x 9” format… it is easier for the printer and the cost per book is less.
12) Don’t worry about making it perfect! You are going to use print on demand, so you can always get more printed if you find something that needs fixing. The best part with a print on demand company is that they can do small runs of 50, or 500… and you don’t end up with a garage full of unsold books (which happens 95% of the time with authors).
13) Print extra copies for your contributing authors. If they are paying you to be a part of the book, give them 20+ copies. If they aren’t paying you… give them 5.
14) Create an affiliate program so that your contributing authors can sell the book through your program, or they can sell them direct, as long as they buy them from you at $X per copy.
15) Write your winning sales letter using the tips on this blog.
16) Get busy promoting the book! Use it as a business card. Mail it out to your clients and prospects. Use it as a bonus with your product shipments. Do everything possible to get your book in distributors, catalogue houses, on Amazon, and in the hands of other entrepreneurs who want to bonus your book with their product shipments. (book promotions are a whole other subject, one that I can’t cover here… even needing an entire course around the subject!)
This is a simplified version of the entire process… but it can be done quickly and efficiently using this formula.
Don’t overcomplicate it…
this formula WORKS.
The books you now have are the PERFECT promotional tool.
They will enhance your image and will attract your perfect clients. A single chapter made me 5 figures in a month since it’s release… imagine what it will do over the next few years.
And don’t cheap out and go for the ebook version.
I love ebooks… especially selling them. But there is something different about a physical book that you cannot match with a pdf.
If you start now,
you can have this done
well before Christmas and New Years.
I would love to hear your ideas.
To your success,
PS: Once you have a book, then you need BUYERS for the book. And buyers can come easily when you have quality traffic to your website selling your book. If you want some of the best and most comprehensive training on internet marketing, lead generation, sales systems and web traffic conversion… join me in the Empower Network.
Excellent training and quality systems for attracting website traffic, then converting it too leads and sales.