Who are YOU bribing to get as a customer?
Ethical bribes, but still a bribe.
The hypsters out there will tell you that you don’t need to incent people to buy… they will just be attracted by your positive energy or incredible products and will whip out their credit cards for the pleasure to do business with you.
Realists will show you proof that plan is a sure-fire way to failure.
There was a great article I just read in the Huffington Post about a home owner who got FED UP with their realtor lack of results. Most realtors have that hope, wish and meditate on a sale until it happens BS. That’s why 97% of realtors out there make less than the waitress at your local diner.
…which is exactly the type of realtor this home owner was stuck with.
Since JUNE(!) they have had 3 showings of their home.
Less than one a month. Yikes – that is not how you sell a house.
So instead of listening to the renegade-realtor-who-does-things-oh-so-different, they took things into their own hands.
Right across the street was “Grandpas Bar & Grill” – a favorite watering hole for the neighborhood minglers.
And Grandpas place would be a friendly place to eat and drink for anyone who bought this house for sale.
The frustrated home owner had a brilliant insight and offered out of her own pocket a $1,000 bar tab at Grandpas!
Did it work?
A 300% increase in showings since her new promotion hit the street!
So it worked – not their wonderfully brilliant realtor just has to do half what they are paid to do…close the deal.
“We live in a place where restaurants and bars come within walking distance so we thought this was a way to cross-promote the neighborhood and our homes.”
How does this relate to you?
I hope you can see where I am going with this… if not, you need more help than I can provide :o)
Here are the lessons to be learned:
* Wishing and praying won’t build your business – YOU have to build your business.
* Look for complimentary businesses, products and services you can bundle in with your own products or services.
* Think outside of the basement here – how often have you seen something like this in your city? I doubt if you have ever seen a $1000 bar tab with home purchase offer before. Why not? It makes sense! Or a $1,000 restaurant gift. Or a $1,0000 maid service. Or a $1,000 credit towards movers. When you are selling a home worth a few hundred thousand dollars, a grand out of your own pocket isn’t going to kill you, or the deal. If you are selling a product or service worth $200 – a $50 gift certificate is worth it (especially when you factor in repeat business from the client once you get them into your marketing funnel – right?)
* The economy is still sluggish and people are not spending like they used to – so you had better think up some very innovative ways to get them to notice you, over the hundreds/thousands of others trying to get inside their wallets also.
* Many realtors are clueless when it comes to marketing your home – so pick and choose wisely. See if you can find one who has at least studied SOME direct marketing. It won’t be easy to find (I’ve looked)…but snag one if you find one.
This was a great example of an average everyday homeowner who got fed up with dismal results and took it into their own hands.
Not only have they tripled their prospects…
…the got MASSIVE media attention from this (Huffington Post, NBC Chicago, Sun Times, to name a few). That alone is worth a fortune for both the home owner and for Grandpa’s bar!
Last – she got over the hoping and praying phase that her realtor would perform for her – and she took ACTION to do it herself.
This is a very recent story, so we will have to wait and see how effective it is… but with 300% more prospects to talk to, odds are VERY good someone will buy soon (and they will have a hell of a good story to tell their friends and family about this home they bought which was in all these newspapers!)
Now get busy.
PS: We are just getting ready to launch the new and improved Cash Flow Calendar for 2012 – 15 months of done-for-you, pre-written marketing campaigns, and a TON of money making tools that you haven’t seen here before.
Watch for it.
In the meantime, there are a number of solutions here to help you grow your sales if they are slow http://www.blog.smallbusinesscopywriter.com/on-line-store/